The following is a list of feature enhancements and bug fixes that have been released for Wandoo Reader. All customers using Wandoo Reader are automatically upgraded to the latest version. For more information about Wandoo Reader, please check our website.
Subscribe to this article to be automatically updated on future changes!
- Added ability to add a banner target url for program banner images.
Features and Enhancements:
- New Feature! Staff side reading log print. This feature allows staff side users to quickly print out a program participant's reading log via the Find Patron page.
- Enhanced the public side to not display the Challenges tab if challenges have not been configured for a program.
- Enhanced the awards tab will not appear on the public side if a program does not have prizes/awards in the simple theme. For themed programs, the awards tab continues to appear because of the built in character certificate.
- Community Reading Goal: Set a program reading goal to encourage increased engagement with your program. Reading goal progress visibility provided to patrons and staff!
- Personal Reading Goal: Another tool to assist in program engagement and completion. Program participants can add a personal reading goal for the program. Reading goals can be added via the staff and public interfaces. Reading goal progress added to the Patron and Logging Reports.
- Age Gate Registration: Updated the registration options to include an age range option. This allows for a program to be age restricted without asking for the participant's date of birth.
- Grade Gate Registration: Updated the registration options to include a grade range option. This allows for a program to be restricted to a specific grade range.
- UI/workflow enhancements for adding a log on behalf of a group user on the staff side.
- Custom Gender List. Allows for the creation of a custom gender list for program registration.
- No logging programs. Added the ability to create a challenges only program and remove the logging element. This enables additional types of programs that are not tied to the traditional logging component.
- Resolved issues where confirm button on Random Drawings causing errors in the console
- Resolved issues where XML values being programmatically removed
- Resolved issues where themed credits configured incorrectly for Custom Logging Type
- Resolved issues where Program Name additional spacing was being automatically removed
- Resolved issues where Prize Details Report did not export to CSV file
- Korean, German, Somali, Italian, Greek, & Arabic Language as an option for Google Translate for Patron side
- Resolved issue where inconsistency in design/functionality of Book Reviews on Patron side
- Resolved issue where permissions for Random Drawing is now Create/Save Random Drawing
- Resolved issue where Prize count on the Awards tab of Patron side not updating automatically after logs
- Resolved issue where Copyright date was updated to 2018 for Patron side footer
- Resolved issue where unable to edit Challenge Requirements after creating and saving before program has started
- Google Analytics to Site Header for Patron side
- Portuguese Language as an option for Google Translate for Patron side
- Program List Sort in Find Patron, Random Drawings, and Reports for Staff side
- Resolved issue where Print your Adventure certificate will now accept contact Library Name with up to 48 characters
- Resolved issue where Deleted Redeemed prize is allowing to change Undo award status
- Resolved issue where Edited Book Title not Respected in Book Reviews
- Resolved issue where Challenge Report includes patrons who haven’t completed the challenge
- Resolved issue where Incorrect date range displays for "Patron Report" when "Log date" is selected
- Resolved issue where Certificate page is just loading when patron clicks on "Print Certificate" button from Awards tab
- Resolved issue where "Submit & New" transition for successful log or challenge entry
- Resolved issue where "Show Previous Winners" Random Prize modal doesn’t display for customers with a lot of programs
- Update Program Details Page "Contact Field" placeholder text and ToolTip Language when configuring Wandoo Reader Program
- Reporting on Patron Prizes Owed, Redeemed, and Random Drawing Winners
- Resolved issue where a console error was happening when logging a book
- Increased connection timeout value to alleviate some Reader API connection issues
- Resolved issue where logging character limit error removes book review
- Resolved issue where Print Certificate loading spinner affecting scrollbar
- Resolved issue where Log Details Report does not show log date and log counts are duplicated
- Resolved issue where logging quantity on new challenges added are not being updated
- Resolved issue where screen freezes from not selecting initial character
- Resolved issue where incorrect books are getting logged from staff side
- Resolved issue where Book Review feeds showing patron names on patron view instead of username
- Book Reviews Permissions (Default is Off, will need to adjust in Settings > Security for staff to have permissions)
- Ability to create a Registration Prize that will be awarded to any patrons that are registered for your program
- Book Title Field On/Off
- Access to new iRead banners (if you are an iRead member)
- Resolved issue where an error occurred if no report fields were selected when running a report.
- Resolved issue where the like/dislike buttons were overlapping some text for large book titles.
- Resolved issue where the ’Enter’ key didn’t submit the log entry form.
- Resolved issue where the Log Report does not reflect updated log quantity immediately.
- Resolved issue where the Book Suggestion API Query showing an error.
- Resolved issue where the reviews modal doesn’t have a close button.
- Resolved issue where the cancel button is not clearing the Search Fields on Book Review Page.
- Resolved a style issue with the thumb up/down icons of the Add review pop up.
- Sponsor Configuration - adds a sponsor section on patron side
- Program Statistics Report Include Group Count
- Create a quantity logging type of the Library’s choice
- Resolved issue where email placeholder text in Forgot My Password modal was not being translated
- Resolved issue where the patron side wasn’t respecting the deleted flag for prizes
- Resolved issue where difficulty dropdown should not get displayed when the program’s theme is "simple" on the staff side
- Patron Report Include Group Count
- Resolved issue where Program Cache overrides API call for has Registered Users flag
- Resolved issue where all of the patrons have been removed from the program, then the fields on the Program Setup page are not getting enable immediately
- Resolved issue where challenges in Wandoo Reader display different end date depending on time zone setting
- Resolved issue where the customer’s timezone is set to "US Mountain Standard Time", then Patron report title shows yesterday’s date, instead of today’s/start date
- Resolved issue where the random drawing page in Wandoo Reader in Edge is blank
- Add the ability for staff users (with award prize permissions) to undo an award of a prize
- Resolved issue where deleting/resetting a Reader Program will not delete the associated random drawing winners.
- Resolved issue where linked logging challenges do not pull in logging amount of logs on the patron side.
- Resolved issue where patrons’ completed challenges should be recalculated if those challenges’ requirements change.
- Resolved issue where the ’Prizes Owed’ and ’Prizes Redeemed’ are inaccurate on the patron report.
- Resolved issue where program start date was showing instead of registration open date when a program had not started note registration being open.
- Removed the game difficulty selection when the Simple theme is enabled on a program.
- Resolved issue of the google translates close function failing to appear when using a mobile device.
- Updated Program Stats, Log Details, and Challenge reports displaying "infant" instead of 0 for ages less than 1.
- Resolved issue with banner images not scaling correctly through implementing an auto-scaling function.
- Updated the patron side experience for Group users. The storyline pop-ups have been disabled (similar to logging in as a parent).
- Resolved issue in reports where registration date was calculated based on patron’s user creation date.
- Resolved issue of events feed failing to display on the public side when the XML feed is added as HTTP.
- Updated From Demco Software box on the dashboard page to allow for better messaging and usability.
- Resolved defect when a program has only one location, the registration form is not displaying the location select box
- Resolved issue with selecting an image to upload on the patron side. It was not updating as expected.
- Implemented safeguard to duplicate log entries when utilizing the enter key
- Resolved issue of parents/guardians not being able to edit a child’s email if the child was under the age of 13 due to COPPA compliance for those types of programs
- Force SSL Setting option added. In order to utilize this option, you must contact support. This setting will force secured https access on all pages (patron and staff) and across all New Core products (SignUp, Spaces, Dibs, and Wandoo Reader) if applicable. If content has been added to the software that is hosted as non secure (http) the web browser may give warnings to end users (varies by browser). For example, an added logo image that is hosted outside of the Demco Software products (utilizing the “From URL” feature within the Image Uploader) on an http site could potentially trigger web browser warning.
- More information on how HTTPS vs HTTP content is displayed in browsers here.
- Resolved issue where Log Details Report was not displaying data on patrons that had logs, but not selected a location
- Resolved inputs on Random Drawings allowing input other than a whole number.
- Resolved issue where if a birthdate was incorrectly entered on the staff side during registration it would display a generic error message "Oops! There was a problem registering the patron." It now displays a specific message for a birthdate formatting error.
- Resolved issue where staff side users were able to add challenges to a program that was no longer active.
- Updated loading spinner to use Demco Software branded logo.
- Resolved issue where patron logs that were edited from the staff-side did not save correctly
- Group Registration: Allows for simplified logging for a group of participants using one login/account
- Multi-Lingual support for patron side.
- Resolved typo in the level-up modals with story theme
- Resolved error with staff-side forgot password workflow
- New Theme/Story line for 2017: The 2017 theme is "Building" and involves a storyline directing the patron through an adventure of time and space
- Family Registration/Management : Parents/gaurdians can access all of their children’s accounts from a single login
- Age Gate Optional: Allows the option to forgo requiring that the patron enter in their birthdate.
- Replaced Evanced logos in footer on patron-side with Demco Software logo
- Replaced most of the Evanced logos in staff-side of software with Demco Software logo
- Enabled Boopsie app access to the list of products on the staff-side dashboard page
- Added copy button to Challenges to speed up program creation.
- Added copy button to prizes to speed up program creation.
- Updated styles on Find Patron page to match new design pattern from SignUp. Allows added 50 results per page and search fields are collapsible to give more area for search results.
- Added ability to add an image to a prize. This will also serve as a way for libraries to offer a digital badge along with traditional physical prizes.
- Updated the patron logging functions to respect the program end date. Patrons will no longer be able to continue logging, submit challenges, or earn prizes. Staff side users will still be able to do those functions provided they have the correct permissions.
- Staff side logging entry update. Changed from one submission to multiple entry for one submission.
- Challenge report and Challenge Random Drawing label change.
- Resolved submit and new failure when adding a log/challenge entry
- Resolved issue where staff side was not respecting the email required setting.
- Resolved minor style issue resolved on Firefox for completed challenges image.
- Resolved false error message on program reset
- Resolved missing success/failure messages when deleting/resetting a program.
- Resolved issue with program action links disabled when program is reset.
- Staff-side Security Timeout on the Add/Edit Program Page is reset (in Prizes, Certificates, and Challenges) when user clicks: "Add New", "Save", clicks on Program Tabs, or custom sorts Challenges.
- Added Full Story analytics integration
- API optimization to increase patron report rendering speeds.
- API optimization to increase random drawing rendering speeds.
- Minor style update to address iPhone 6 style break on the patron landing page in the messages and events section.
- Forgot Password Workflow for unassociated patrons. Patrons that were not connected to a program were unable to reset their password. This enhancement allows for the unassociated patron’s password to be reset on both the public and staff sides.
- Program Stats report filter by logging quantity calculation corrected.
- Program Stats report finished book calculation error corrected.
- Find Patron sorting issue resolved for patrons with blank email fields.
- Resolved program start date issue in registration confirmation emails.
- Certain programs were failing to save after an edit and users would see the "oops- program didn’t save error."
- API enhancements on the Find Patron page to improve speed of all the functions on that page. Such as, logging, challenge submission, patron search, patron edit, etc.
- Remaining staff side in-app help topics added for 2016 functionality.
- Security Page runtime error resolved for Wandoo Reader only configurations.
- Typo resolved in patron side story line.
- Program cache-ing issue resolved.
- Console error resolved when editing a patron record.
- Security page failing to show global roles in user edit modal resolved.
- Patron side profile editing issue resolved.
This is the major program update for the 2016 version of Wandoo Reader. It includes numerous new features including:
- Sports theme
- Program Setup Enhancements: Registration tab created, book suggestion list can be turned on/off per program, logging limits and many more.
- Challenges- End dates have been added to challenges. You can now link challenges together. You can also add an image to add some excitement to your challenges. The display order for challenges can now be set. (Alpha, Date, or Custom)
- Challenge Specific Random Drawings
- Challenge Specific Reports
- Find Patron Page Enhancements
- A re-work of virtually every area of the program to improve speed and performance. *Please note, we will also have a smaller update that will contain even more speed improvements for the Find Patron page.
- Patron Side Enhancements: Registration changes to simplify the process. Patrons under the age of 13 no longer have to wait for confirmation. Logging entry enhancements to clarify patron’s entry.
Please visit our article on what these changes mean for you. Wandoo Reader 2016
- Permissions Update! Granular permissions have now been exposed. Admin users can create custom security roles. For more information on what permissions are now exposed visit this article.
- The help icon was missing. It has now been restored.
- Random drawing data cleanup.
- Staff side user names were case sensitive. They are no longer. The password field remains case sensitive.
- Challenge and Log reports refactoring to improve speed and performance.
- The patron report was not excluding inactive prizes in the calculation for prizes owed.
- Stat Report performance optimization.
- Repaired the issue where you couldn’t export reports that include individual challenges/prizes on program stats report.
- Help button.
- I mprove the performance of reports.
- Random drawings updated to include challenges.
- Editing random drawings does not display all locations and schools.
- Editing a saved random drawing in IE11 issue has been resolved.
- Challenge and Challenge Task IDs are mismatching.
- Challenge "Active On" date default is incorrect.
- Errors with book searching function on the staff side.
- Patron Report age sorting issue.
- Challenge Quantity wrong on Find Patron page.
- Award modal not showing # of challenges for challenge prizes.
- "Parent" language was updated to now reflect "Parent or Guardian" on the staff side.
- Slow User Search. Refactoring was done in the code to speed up the user search.
- Reports>program stat and challenge report does not display static date range.
- Random drawings registration date filter issue.
- Fixed issue with editing a saved report and date filters.
- Challenge start time is not getting set correctly.
Themed tutorial added. This is the story element that will prompt users to continue to log to proceed further.
Robots were displaying the incorrect dialogue. This has been updated to reflect the appropriate dialogue based on the program theme.
Bot protection enabled
Server monitoring tools updated to ensure optimal performance
Patrons registered for two different libraries with same username, the staff can now see the patron on ’Find Patron’ and be able to award prizes, edit patrons logs, see completed challenges, and edit patron information for the program they are registered for at that library. Staff will not be able to see, edit, or pull any information for that patron from the other library they are registered at.
Log a book from the suggestion box, then edit the title before submitting, will now let you submit the edit instead of the original suggestion that was selected.
Patron Report with Prizes Owed and Prizes Redeemed, now have the correct number of Prizes Owed and Prizes Redeemed.
Parent email confirmation now states that we have already collected the Date of Birth.
Secret code challenges are no longer case sensitive.
Welcome email on non-consent programs now have the correct program end date.
Patrons who leave only a space as an answer for a non-required stipulation question, now the space is stripped out to show no answer, allowing the Patron Report to run for programs with non-required and required stipulation questions.
Optimized the reports to increase their response time.
Program Statistics Report date filters now work.
Log a book from the suggestion box, then proceed to log another book with different title. It will now add the book as new log.
’Add Log’ is now working.
When using WandooGrownups.com, and you click the "Login to Wandoo Reader" from the grownups site, then log out of the grownup account or patron account, the ability to ’Switch Users’ will no longer function for the patron.
Challenges with HTML code now function when the challenge is completed.
Patrons who sign up for more than one program at the same library, the system now requires them to confirm their personal information again for new program they are registering for.
Staff Side Changes
Reports! Challenge Report, Patron Report, Log Details Report and Random Drawing now available with multi-program support.
Added Not Yet in School and Adult to grade lists.
Username and Password limits now reflect the actual ranges.
Removed the Submit & New in the edit log workflow.
Style Fix for the "do you want to save your changes" modal
Date Stipulations are now validating the entry numerically
Patron Side Changes
Added Not Yet in School and Adult to grade lists.
Profanity Filter Update - Now there should not be a restriction on usernames
Update Robot/Hero Certificate to use Simple Theme Style
Allow for existing library patrons to be promoted to full-access by adding a username and password.
Parent/Guardian text in the email templates Add the word "Guardian’s" to the email templates
Removed “Or Author” from the logging interface because it doesn’t appear to search on author.
Certificates now earned only if all associated challenges complete.
Zip codes with zeros in the front now allowed.
Prize eligibility amended to deal with multi challenge prizes.
Add Password to Edit profile for non-consent users.
Newly unlocked parts are grayed out without a refresh now.
IE the cancel button was missing and you were not able to save a character appropriately.
Simple programs were not getting the ’program complete’ message.
Non consent programs were not respecting the program start, now they do.
Remove duplicate "Library" text from the email template When department name ends with "Library", this issue occurs
IE10 entry image submissions now work.
Fixed 500 error when submitting a book log. (behind the scenes bug)
My 1st log was always set to ’Still Reading’. Now it recognizes the "finished" selection.
Wandoo Planet references are removed.
This is a significant update to the patron side. There are a host of defects that will be resolved as part of this build.
- Patron Profile issue: It now forces profile completion after confirmation. A patron must fill in all the required information to play the game.
- Add Log/Read Again not updating the finished checkbox correctly: It now updates as expected.
- Change to stipulation questions not saving: Changes now made to stipulation questions are reflected appropriately on the patron side.
- Level 11 parts were displaying in the robot game: Level 11 parts have been removed. (this was a carryover from the 2014 pilot/beta builds)
- Wandoo Planet References: We have removed Planet reference in completed program modal.
- Style Issue: We implemented new consent modal for simple programs.
- Deleted logs issue: They are now removed from the patrons logs.
- Spelling Issue on Challenge and html codes were displaying (strong): Complete modal displays no longer shows default text when the custom text is used. Since the custom text is required, you will not encounter the default text. ( we did make sure that it was spelled correctly just in case though)
- Banner image issues: The images must use https.
- Required Questions Issue: Questions marked as required staff-side are now required patron side.
- The Location Field was missing from the registration workflow: Included the missing location field on registration.
- Profile completion for not started programs: We now force profile completion after confirmation even if the program has not started.
- Experience bar issues: The progress/experience bar no longer always stays full at level 9 and updates correctly as the patron progresses.
- Birthdate Calculation Issue: Fixed date of birth calculation issue.
- Awards counter update issue: The counter no longer increases on completing challenge.
- Unchecking gender not respected on patron side: Unchecking the gender option now hides the gender option Patron side.
- Profanity Filter Issues: Removed the name Vicki from profanity filter.
- Certificate social sharing issues: Certificates now uses custom image when displayed through social links.
- Past Program logs not updating: Now able to log books on past programs.
- Parental Update Emails have the wrong contact information: "Your child has updated their details" email is now using the right contact.
- IE image upload issue: We fixed the IE challenge image upload issue.
- Registration Issues: Patrons should be able to register by the specified registration date.
- Zip code validation failure: The system now validates on the patron side.
- Theme Banner Update Issues: The theme banner can now be removed.
- Parent Portal Issues: Due to the incomplete nature of the parent portal, we have removed the reference from the confirmation emails that would be sent to a parent or guardian.
This is the major program update for Wandoo Reader. It includes a raft of new features including:
- Multi-program and multi-age support
- Super-hero game theme
- Simple theme
- Responsive design
- A re-work of virtually every area of the program.
For more information about this major release, please check out this article .
- NEW FEATURE : Log details report allows users to run a report on individual reading logs.
- NEW FEATURE : Log quantity filter added to the Patron Report. This allows you further refine your reports to include only patrons that fall within a certain log quantity range.
- Preparation for "Over-13" programs is underway.
- Cosmetic : Menu style change.
12/08/2014 "14_18" and "14_19"
- Bug: Gender selection bug was fixed.
- Cosmetic: For systems with multiple products, the last menu choice will be remembered.
- NEW FEATURE : Patrons will have the ability to print off certificates awarded by the library. Libraries can create certificates featuring their own images.
- NEW FEATURE : Libraries can upload a logo image in program creation step. Images no longer have to be pre-hosted. You can upload them directly from a desktop.
- Cosmetic : Date picker update
- Tutorial play allowed before parental email is confirmed on patron side.
- Admin data setup pages connect Reader locations to other Evanced products.
- Support icon updated
- Patrons can now print a certificate with their robots from the patron side.
- There are new ’test buttons’ to gauge interest in a couple of new features. These will be temporary while we evaluate the results.
- Default Schools for New Programs. This adds in default schools so the patron registration system will work even if the library doesn’t add schools. It adds Public, Private and Home School by default
- Reports weren’t filtering logged quantity by date. Now they do.
08/05/2014 "14_12" and "14_13"
- XML Help Added for staff side
- Ghost Text added to the Activity Information section of Code Creation.
- Creating a username with no password on staff side is now not possible.
- Back-end change in the way errors were handled for certain queries. This is a security fix.
- Add A Log error now resolved.
- Error displayed when adding a location, but the location was actually saved bug resolved.
- Random drawing was not respecting dynamic dates. Now it does.
- Unlock Codes were case sensitive. Now they are not.
- Fixed an issue related to not having any schools/locations selected in the report, causing it to not run when saved and ran again.
- The date was not properly saving when adding a log. It was being recorded as the current day…now it respects the date selected.
- Random Drawing improvements
- User Award Prize ends message on patron side.
- Check unlock code for uniqueness when editing code
- Register patron errors now display.
- The find patron page bug was fixed.
- Pre-K and K difficulty level default fixed.
- Date picker style on the dash board added.
- System Alert banner styling fixed.
- Add Library Contact Info to Add Program Page.
- Test Mode-the ability to delete test patrons was added.
- Resend Email Confirmation ability added.
- Bug fixes