The following is a list of feature enhancements and bug fixes that have been released for Spaces. All customers using Spaces are automatically upgraded to the latest version. For more information about Spaces, please check our website.
Subscribe to this article to be automatically updated on future changes!
- Resolved issue where editing a Space in Location Setup causes bug page
- Resolved issue where Spaces Audit Log not loading
- Resolved issue where only the public Spaces Reservations will be shown on patron SignUp mobile view.
- Added Audit Log for Staff Users when Spaces Reservations are modified by staff by one of the following: Create / Edit / Cancel / Restore / Approve / Denied.
- Resolved issue where Braintree Payment (eCommerce) URL link was incorrect
- Resolved issue where CORS policies for XML feed
- Resolved issues where XML feed can be consumed by other domains
- Resolved issues where Authentication was not saving library card number for patron records
- Resolved issues where patrons could not log in on HTTP Spaces Sites
- Resolved issues where XML values being programmatically removed
- Resolved issues where Swagger UI page can only handle Forcing SSL
- Resolved issues where Force SSL is false with Credit Card Processing enabled
- Resolved issues where error with sending verification emails from sites with Force SSL enabled
- Updated BrainTree API to Version 3
- Added indication for hours that are outside the library's hours to differentiate between a closure and an existing reservation/event.
- Resolved issue of phone number field failing to validate in scenarios where it is required on the staff side reservation workflow.
- Resolved issue of equipment incorrectly displaying on some of the staff side event tickets. SignUp does not utilize the equipment.
- Resolved issue of incorrect date display in the location/space hours configuration section.
- Resolved issue of tear down buffer times incorrectly blocking out the end of the day.
- Resolved issue where the determination on whether a reservation should be placed in Reservation History or Active. This determination now respects the site’s time zone setting.
- Updated From Demco Software box on the dashboard page to allow for better messaging and usability.
- Resolved issue in the function of auto fill which had more results than the limit of 8. The autofill now has a limit of 100 suggested patron records.
- Update to change various links to hit proper Demco Software web pages.
- Resolved issue with costs and layouts failing to allow adding/updating when the date/time format was not set to "en-US".
- Resolved issue of space descriptions only appearing in the modal with the space image. Now the room description also appears in the "See More" section.
- Removed incorrect messaging from Reservation Status change emails when reservation is edited.
- Resolved issue when copying or editing a Spaces reservation, not all stipulation questions were getting copied
- Resolved issue where online payments were being labeled as "partial payments" in Transaction Report
- Resolved issue where Spaces Reports were not correctly respecting canceled vs not canceled filters
- Added Image Uploader tool to the Location and Space edit pages for easier Branch, Room and Room Image implementation.
- Added ability to Add/Edit/Remove Reservation Restrictions.
- Resolved Error when creating a new Spaces account or reset password with ForceSSL enabled.
- Resolved Error where some SignUp events directed to a bug page when opened from Reservation List
- Force SSL Setting option added. In order to utilize this option, you must contact support. This setting will force secured https access on all pages (patron and staff) and across all New Core products (SignUp, Spaces, Dibs, and Wandoo Reader) if applicable. If the content has been added to the software that is hosted as non-secure (HTTP) the web browser may give warnings to end users (varies by browser). For example, an added room image that is hosted outside of the Demco Software products (utilizing the “From URL” feature within the Image Uploader) on an HTTP site could potentially trigger web browser warning.
- More information on how HTTPS vs HTTP content is displayed in browsers here.
- Resolved issue where hourly refundable deposits were not implemented properly
- Resolved issue where patrons, via their reservation history pages, could pay for reservations which were denied or ignored in the past
- Resolved issue where the Edit/Cancel buttons were not disabled when a reservation fee had already been paid
- Patrons will now be alerted to contact the library to be issued a refund
- Quotation marks in a patron’s name will no longer cause the reservation form to be unusable
- "Earliest Reservation Hour" reservation limit is now respected in all areas of reservation creation
- Resolved issue with the Spaces API where the ending hour was not displaying when the location closed at midnight
- Resolved issue of the time slider update not handling alternate hours ending at 11:59 pm
- Improved Demco Software branding
- Added ability for staff users to add attendance and internal reservation notes
- Added fields to the Reservation Report to account for the new attendance and internal notes features
- Added Sunday evening after 10 pm EST to the pre-existing Wednesday 4am-7pm EST Maintenance Window. Learn more about the Software Maintenance Window
- Resolved issue where equipment showed as "Unavailable" even if it was available
- Resolved incorrect "Cancelled by Staff" audit stamp when the reservation was canceled by the patron
- Resolved non-reservable spaces showing in the list of spaces in the "Reserve Space" workflow
- Resolved issue where space could be double-booked on the last day of a multi-day all-day SignUp event using that space
- Resolved style issue with Equipment filter list
- Updated the loading spinner to use Demco Software instead of Evanced branding.
- Resolved issue with login page failing when using Find your Password workflow or during the account creation workflow.
- Resolved issue with restore button appearing incorrectly on the patron side.
- Updated Braintree eCommerce provider integration.
- Resolved authentication issue where some Spaces patron records were incomplete after syncing with ILS
- Resolved issue where the removal of conflicting instances in a recurring reservation series was not respected.
- Resolved issue where IE11 caused style break and prevented critical workflows in the reservation request process for the user.
- Resolved error with staff-side forgot password workflow
- Resolved issue when accessing day view is user did not also have SignUp
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when Spaces and SignUp buffer times overlapped
- Resolved issue within Spaces Reservation Report where the non-inclusion of certain fields would not allow the report to run.
- Fixed the ordering of Spaces within the Today’s Activity Report.
- Fixed the appearance of the Organization Name within the Today’s Activity Report.
- Resolved API CORS issue which impacted API related services.
- Resolved the failure of staff side password reset workflow for non-SignUp customers.
- Resolved issue with conflict checking with SignUp ongoing events and Spaces recurring reservations.
- Replaced Evanced logos in the footer on patron-side with Demco Software logo.
- Replaced most of the Evanced logos in staff-side of software with Demco Software logo.
- Enabled Boopsie app access to the list of products on the staff-side dashboard page.
- Resolved issue with location check boxes remaining disabled after selecting a location.
- SIP/III Authentication issue resolved when logging in from the locations details page.
- Resolved Error on Patron My Account page if a patron has Primary Location set to a Private Location
- Resolved bug where certain reservations restrictions on the patron were not being respected.
- Resolved bug where Earliest Reservation Hour and Latest Reservation Day restrictions were not properly calculated if using a time zone other than Eastern Standard Time.
- Resolved issue where product selection was not being cached in the dashboard page after staff logged out.
- Implemented Braintree maintenance update to ensure future compatibility.
- Resolved issue where SignUp and Spaces buffer times were not overlapping as designed.
- Resolved issue where SignUp was displaying duplicate calculations of Spaces buffer times when showing reservations on the calendar.
- Resolved the issue causing account creation text to be incorrectly included in reservation change email.
- Added Full Story analytics integration
- Refactor of Equipment database call to increase load time.
- Refactored Find Patron area to optimize load speed
- Refactored Location Details area to optimize load speed when selecting "Pick Me"
- Refactored Equipment Availability function to optimize load speed when Reserve Space pages
- Resolved issue where Equipment Availability was not updated on staff side when date/time was changed
- Resolved formatting issue when printing reports directly from the Reports area.
- Resolved issue when eCommerce failed when submitted
- Resolved issue where bug page displayed in Pending Organization area
- Resolved III Authentication expiration date issue
- Resolved issue with Today’s Activity Report not loading for larger systems.
- Updated style on loading spinner.
- Revealed reservation information on reserve a space window
- Increased load time in the following areas:
- Spaces Reservations List (Active and Pending list)
- Spaces Reserve Space List (add reservation page)
- Spaces Find Organizer list
- Email Verification workflow changes, highlights are:
- The window verification will be extended to 72 hours.
- If a patron is registered with a non-verified email, the confirmation message will instruct them to look for the email. This will occur for both staff and patron side reservations.
- Non-verified emails will display as red when viewing the Find Patron page. Verified emails will display in green.
- Users with Edit Patron permissions will have the ability to resend the verification email if the link has expired.
- Patrons would have the ability to request a new link via their email if the link has expired.
- A style email that makes it more intuitive for the patron.
- For more information towards the above or changes, visit this article.
- Repaired issue with the "/" failing to populate in system emails.
- Patron Hold Check for expired cards issue resolved for the III (Patron API) method.
- Repaired issue with the "enable multi-branch" setting on the back-end.
- SIP Authentication PIN not required displaying PIN field issue resolved. PIN field will now respect the setting.
- Issue with deleting an additional equipment item causing reservations to show a "0" is resolved.
- Stipulation answer lists were not respecting the cardinality value. Now they do.
- Rounded costs would throw an error on payment submission staff side.
- Migration issue from Room Reserve to Spaces.
- Spaces Pending Count refactors on dashboard to improve the performance.
- Results returned from a search modified to improve speed and performance. Users should also now see a loading spinner if there is a delay in returning the results - i.e. a rather large dataset being returned would trigger the loading spinner to indicate that results are being gathered.
- Permissions Updated! Granular permissions have now been exposed. Admin users can create custom security roles for staff. For more information on what permissions are now exposed visit this article.
10/14/2015 "15_12 & 15_13"
- Buffer conflict checking issue between to closings would generate incorrect conflict errors.
- Rapid clicking the next week carousel was causing a js failure. The link is now disabled after the initial link until the function is complete.
- Editing or copying a recurring series from the active list page was causing an error.
- Organization Join workflow fix. The patron’s role box was not appearing as expected.
- When a staff user tries to make a recurring reservation that starts right after (or ends right before) the buffer time of a space, they’ll get kicked back to the location details page after selecting submit.
- Canceling the last recurrence instance that has 1 reservation still active. If a user canceled the last recurrence of a recurring series that is not out of sync and not a staff adjustment or deposit, the itemized costs associated with that recurrence were not being deleted.
- Canceling reservations that are part of a recurring series was not lowering the payment.
- If I edit a single instance of a recurring reservation and then edit a different single instance of the same recurring reservation, then the 2nd edit will cause itemized costs to be duplicated.
- When canceling an occurrence that is out of sync (both master and not the master), the costs were not reduced appropriately on the staff side and the payment details were not updated appropriately on the patron side.
- Filter on staff side user’s primary location. The system will now look at the user’s permissions and pre-filter the reservation lists and reserve a space workflows. Users can still search for other locations.
- Staff side searches will be saved as a cookie in the browser cache. This will help reduce the number of clicks to conduct a search.
- Staff side usernames were case sensitive. They are no longer. The password field remains case sensitive.
- Added a setting to auto-update records against the ILS records when using authentication. (The setting is enabled by default. If you would like your site to have this option disabled, please contact the support team here.)
- Corrected issue with SIP authentication method with the middle initial field.
- The merchant confirmation email was failing for e-Commerce setup.
- III Authentication issue. In some cases, patron data was failing to come through and the only record saved was the email address.
- Minor language fix on patron side accounts in spaces.
- New color schemes available. Green/Gold, Almost Black, and Purple. Visit this article.
- Editing an individual reservation and modifying it to a recurring series was causing errors. This issue has been resolved.
- e-Commerce updated to allow for International support!
- Editing a reservation retained old equipment. Now it doesn’t!
- Cancelled occurrence was not being accounted for in costing. Now it updates the cost when an instance is cancelled!
- Conflict failure updated in SignUp that allowed for double bookings in Spaces.
04/13/2015 "15_04 & 15_05"
- Fix to allow for new kinds of LDAP setups.
- Fix allows users to reset their passwords.
- Spaces now has reservation reminder emails. Patrons will get email reminders about their upcoming reservation 24-hours in advance.
- "Pay Online" note added to libraries that have enabled e-Commerce.
- "Verify your account" links added to patron emails for patrons who have email address, but have not already verified their Spaces account.
- "My Account Landing Page" added. This is a new page that directs patrons straight to their "My Account" page. This is linked to all Spaces emails now.
- Password reset and confirmation modals have been added to the login page.
- In-app logo change to "Evanced, a Demco Company"
- PayPal is now hidden for customers who don’t utilize the option.
- Zip Code and CSV confirmation fields are hidden for customers who don’t use these methods of verification.
- The equipment box is now hidden for libraries that don’t have equipment enabled.
- IP-related troubleshooting options added for Evanced staff.
- Resolved issues with typing in the time and the effect on the time slider tool.
- All-day events in SignUp were not causing conflicts with Spaces.
- Saving organizations with extra information is now resolved.
- Recurring Reservations now display conflicts with alternate hours.
- Logging in at the location details page was not causing conflicts to register correctly.
- Cancelling an occurrence of a recurring series, then creating a new reservation was not allowing for edits of the original series.
- Duplicate organization creation prevented.
- Conflict display bug corrected.
- The "Transaction Report" has been added. This will allow libraries to run reports for individual transactions such as room payments and refunds. This report allows you to isolate specific payments and refunds to keep track of the flow of payments in and out on a daily basis. Libraries that our eCommerce module enabled will also be able to report on transaction details.
- Events/Room Reserve Dual Migration Script is released. This allows libraries with both Old Core products to migrate to New Core products.
- The "Fee Report" has been relabeled as "Reservation Report" to better reflect its functionality.
- eCommerce text change
- Landing page style fixes
- Editing/Copying Reservation conflict issue resolved
- Payment Policy text and link added to eCommerce enabled sites.
- Clarified amount owed/paid/total now displays more clearly on patron view.
- Alternate hours date/time order bug was fixed.
- Recurring reservations bug fixed.
- Date format bug with the active list fixed.
- fr-CA time format bug fixed in the staff view.
- "Pick Me" bug fixed
- Date range search bug fixed
- Date carousel bug fixed
- Braintree bug fixed for sites not having eCommerce
- Duplicate reminders fixed
- Discounts now show on payment summary page
12/30/2014 "14_20, 14_21, 14_22 & 14_23"
- Initial work to facilitate credit card payments by patrons. For more information, please refer to this article. Please note: this is an additional purchase module.
- Improved workflow for email reminders for patrons who have unconfirmed accounts.
- Menu style change.
- Paging was added to the reservation lists. This drastically cuts load time for the inactive list.
- Staff can now restore reservations.
- Alternate hours fixed for the en-AU date format.
- Monthly reservations fixed. Resolved issues surrounding the "Pick Me" with recurring series option.
12/08/2014 "14_18 & 14_19"
- The landing page has been restyled to include the option to add a room policy to the front page. It was also enhanced to improve patron ease of use.
- Date picker update
- For systems with multiple products, the last product menu choice will be remembered.
- IE issues with recurring reservations resolved.
- Issue with results list on patron side not updating was resolved.
- Character limit not being respected issue resolved.
- Google Analytics can be added for customer sites. View this article for details.
- Placeholder text added for required email field in IE9
- Alternate hours.
- Hours setup as admin user.
- Australian Time Zone.
- Restoring a reservation for a deleted location.
- Relationship approval.
- Editing saved reports.
- New Account Creation email sending.
- Add location to a patron profile.
- Data Setup pages have been exposed! Customers can now configure their own locations, spaces, hours, and equipment. Please watch this video to learn more about this important new feature that gives increasing control to admin users.
- Auto Approval of organizations has been added. Libraries can now set Organizations to automatically approve. Please contact the support team here.
- Updated Support icon to better reflect how to get in contact with Support
- An email bug was corrected.
- Primary branch selection.
- Payment emails.
- Alternate hours have been added. Evanced staff can now add alternate hours for your library. This feature will be available to admin users soon. For now, contact Evanced Support to setup alternate hours for locations and spaces.
- Room layouts can now be marked as deleted.
- Email validation improved.
- A new Bright Blue color scheme was added.
- Date picker bug was fixed. The error log is no longer one week ahead.
- Equipment Selection.
- Recurring reservation bug related to viewing inactive reservations.
- Admin users and reservation approval
- Improved error messaging related to failed reservation attempts now displays.
- Hitting Search on the Find Organization page now works.
- Recurring Reservations! Spaces will be able to handle recurring reservations on the staff side.
- A new Maroon color scheme was added.
- Error log entries show time and date.
- Edit Reservation. Under certain circumstances you couldn’t make a reservation if the patron didn’t have an email address.
- Patron login. If the user enters the wrong information at the location details page, they were getting an error page.
- Certain reservation links take you to the location details/reservation summary page.
- Back-end XML
- Invalid path to ie.css
- Spaces data setup page didn’t allow for minimum reservation quantity of zero for equipment.
- There was a typo on the approval modal when approving a reservation. Now resolved.
08/05/2014 "14_12 & 14_13"
- Organization name is now editable by staff.
- Error messages were added for reservations where the end time was before the start time.
- Sites can now force patrons to use the secure version of the page via a back-end switch made by Support.
- If you had a fixed piece of equipment and tried to add an optional one, it failed. Now fixed.
- Equipment was showing up in multiples of the actual quantity. Now fixed.
- Equipment fields were missing from some sites in the Reports.
- Error when editing a relationship for a pending organization was fixed.
- Patron deletion fixed.
- Multiple equipment with fees wasn’t working. Now fixed.
- Date picker for Find Organization didn’t work. Now fixed.
- Patron session expiration redirected to staff login page. Now fixed.
- There is a change in the way errors were handled for certain queries. Security Fix.
- Massive work toward recurring reservation continues. Feature is not ready for release, but is near completion.
- Back-end changes allow Evanced Support to update standard hours.
- Custom Banner images are now possible for the patron side.
- New Account creation is active for patrons without email addresses.
- Back-end improvements to help site setup by Evanced.
- System alert banner display. Now fixed.
05/22/2014 "14_08 H"
- Display PIN only for SIP Authentication on login modal.
- Setup Spaces to use common room hours. This helps Spaces integrate with other products.
- Configure Spaces to only use the rooms configured for it.
- Pending Organization Count alert does not persist throughout the program. Now fixed. The pending count will appear on the ’Find Organizer’ button as you navigate throughout Spaces.
- Stipulation Answers not displaying. Now fixed. The answers to stipulation questions were not displaying in certain views on the staff side. Now the answers display no matter how you engage the reservation ticket.
- Organization edit is now fixed. You were unable to remove an email address from an organization record. Now you can edit/update all fields as expected on the organization record.
05/07/2014 "14_07 G"
- Organization Request Email. Patrons receive an email when submitting either a pending organization or a pending relationship so that they know that the system has received the request.
- Organization Approval/Denied Email. Patrons receive an email when the organization or relationship has been approved or denied so that they know if the status has changed.
- Deny Relationships of Denied Organizations. When you deny an organization all pending relationships requests are also denied.
- Setup LDAP to be a variable URL in web configuration
- Staff Side Fee Adjustments. Now fixed. If you made a staff side adjustment to a reservation that had fees, the "Mark as Paid" feature was not engaging properly. Now it does no matter how the fees were attached to the reservation.
- Pending Organization Count. The pending count was pulling in cancelled requests. This has been corrected.
04/29/2014 "14_06 F"
- Spaces Dashboard Stats have been added. We have added information to the dashboard for the Spaces product.
- Spaces Newsfeed has been added, and will update with reservation activity.
- Spaces Today’s Activity has been added, and will show approved reservations.