The following is a list of feature enhancements and bug fixes that have been released for SignUp. All customers using SignUp are automatically upgraded to the latest version. For more information about SignUp, please check our website .
Subscribe to this article to be automatically updated on future changes!
- Updated Reporting to include tags within the Event and Combined Reports.
- Resolved issue of Registration date stamp showing incorrect value due to not respecting time zone of customer site.
- Resolved issue with TinyCal through resolving a calendar math issue.
- Updated From Demco Software box on dashboard page to allow for better messaging and usability.
- Resolved issue with phone numbers displaying incorrectly in the event preview modal for non-US phone formatting.
- Resolved issue with ongoing events incorrectly conflicting with an event on the day after the ongoing event ended
- Fixed typo in email verification message.
- Resolved issue of banner images resizing and causing the image to distort.
- Resolved issue of SignUp failing to respect the cancelled/not cancelled flag in Spaces combined reports. As a result, the SignUp reports have been enhanced to include the cancelled/not cancelled event filter.
- Resolved issue of bug page not behaving as expected when a patron side user encountered an error.
- Update to change various links to hit proper Demco Software web pages.
- Resolved issue when the date/time format setting was set to "en-CA" interfered with III authentication.
- Resolved issue with event image failing to appear when sharing on Facebook.
- Resolved issue with MS Word formatting failing to be stripped out when copying and pasting into the event description. The formatting code is useful only to MS Word.
- Update to SignUp api to add limit and offset controls. Allows users of the api to paginate results and create more responsive products. Improves integration with Demco Software products. New parameters are "limit"- number of results per page and "page"- page number.
- Update to event data structure to improve DiscoverLocal integration. Backend setting to enable the ld+json structure for DiscoverLocal & SignUp customers.
- Resolved a defect with the tiny cal widget not performing as expected when embedded on an https site.
- Force SSL Setting option added. In order to utilize this option, you must contact support. This setting will force secured https access on all pages (patron and staff) and across all New Core products (SignUp, Spaces, Dibs, and Wandoo Reader) if applicable. If content has been added to the software that is hosted as non secure (http) the web browser may give warnings to end users (varies by browser). For example, an added room image that is hosted outside of the Demco Software products (utilizing the “From URL” feature within the Image Uploader) on an http site could potentially trigger web browser warning.
- More information on how HTTPS vs HTTP content is displayed in browsers here.
- Increased the performance of the API
- Resolved issues with Australian date/time format where bogus conflicts were introduced on inverse dates (8/9 and 9/8, 1/10 and 10/1, etc.)
- Resolved issue with TinyCal widget failing when clicking on present/current day and nothing appearing.
- Resolved issue with TinyCal widget directing users to http links. Users will now be passed to a link which is https.
- Resolved issue with SignUp Mobile not respecting html tags in event titles.
- Resolved issue with branding for the subheading text color selection.
- Resolved issue with the "all" switch filter not being respected in custom calendar URLs.
- Resolved issue with the auto move function on registration list. If a patron was auto-moved to the main list and then the registration was later cancelled, the auto-move function was failing to move the next registrant from the waiting list
- Resolved issue with the failure of patron self-cancellation via confirmation/reminder email cancel links. This impacted only Australian customers.
- Resolved time out issue with subscription service for larger data set customers.
- Updated loading spinner logo to use Demco Software.
- Resolved issue with subscription emails failing to send.
- Resolved issue with the success/failure messaeg not appearing in the Copy All attendees workflow
- Resolved issue with date/time formatting when exporting a report
- Updated Braintree eCommerce provider integration.
- Resolved error with staff-side forgot password workflow
- Fixed inconsistent behavior when Spaces and SignUp buffer times overlapped
- Resolved behavior of reports including HTML code
- Refactor on the " TinyCal " widget to improve performance.
- Workflow change within the staff side password reset. Multiple password reset emails are no longer sent if an email address is associated within two user accounts.
- Resolved API CORS issue which impacted widgets and other API related services.
- Refactor on the " TinyCal " widget to improve performance.
- Workflow change within the staff side password reset. Multiple password reset emails are no longer sent if an email address is associated within two user accounts.
- Resolved issue when editing a recurring event with shared attendance.
- Resolved issue for day of registration from the admin dashboard.
- Replaced Evanced logos in footer on patron-side with Demco Software logo
- Replaced most of the Evanced logos in staff-side of software with Demco Software logo
- Enabled Boopsie app access to the list of products on the staff-side dashboard page
- Resolved issue with broken links being displayed in Staff Notification emails
- Resolved issue where product selection was not being cached in the dashboard page after staff logged out
- Implemented Braintree maintenance update to insure future compatibility
- Resolved issue where SignUp and Spaces buffer times were not overlapping as designed
- Resolved issue where SignUp was displaying a duplicate calculation of Spaces buffer times when showing reservations on the calendar
- Fixed an issue where CSV exported reports were not respecting sorting selection done in browser
- Enhanced Auto Move logic for group cancellations. Changed to continually move waiting list patrons until the main list is full when a group is cancelled.
- Fixed an issue where the saved reports were not respecting certain saved filters such as date and space.
- Report page update to improve performance. Dynamic date options added. Style updates to bring them in line with Spaces, D!bs, and Wandoo Reader.
- Find patron page updated to improve performance and style. Registration statuses can now be updated for all the events a patron has signed up for. Search section collapsible to provide more area for the results returned.
- Additional staff side notifications about an event’s registration activity. Event creators can now add Main Full, Staff Side Registration, Patron Registration Cancel, and/or Staff Side Registration Cancel.
- Registration reminder refactored to apply on a per event basis.
- Patrons will be able to cancel their registration via a link that is included in the confirmation emails and reminder emails. There are 4 scenarios that will prevent a patron from self-cancellation. If the event is in the past, has been cancelled, the patron has already been cancelled or the patron has paid for an event with cost.
- Patron event subscription language update to make it clearer that they are signing up for a specific type of event at a specific location.
- Resolved an issue where permissions were not respected for cancelling a patron’s registration.
- Resolved the issue where a wait list full notification email was being triggered by patron registration.
- SignUp API only - added "number of available" registration spots for Main List and Wait List.
- Event Audit refactor to trim event audit data returned
- Resolved issue where sort order was no longer respected in custom question answer lists
- Added Full Story analytics integration
- Style fix for marketing tool tip within SignUp
- Add/Edit event fix or locations with No Space (will now display "No Space" in drop-list
- Style fix for event images under 200px
- XML feed redirect fixes for SSL sites
- MELSA Aggregate SSL issue resolved
- Business logic now checks if Authentication is enabled
- Resolved issue where payments charging $0 resulted in error
- Resolved incorrect Bulk Publishing date range
- Resolved registration failure when Shared Attendance event is deleted
- Resolved issue where email was being used to construct unique identifier
- SignUp Mobile style fix on Event List page
- SignUp Mobile resolved when SSL was incorrectly persisting
- SignUp Mobile language consistency fix
- Resolved issue where patron notification emails combined multiple patron notifications into one email.
- Resolved issue with Australian Phone Numbers not validating
- Resolved issue where some events did not display Registration Success Message
- Resolved issue where Deleted Events displayed in mobile version
- Resolved issue where some Private or Unpublished events were displaying in mobile version
- Resolved issue where TinyCal widget did not respect new URL redirects
- Resolved issue where TinyCal widget failed to direct user to appropriate view
- Resolved issue where branding failed to load for some customers
- Resolved issue where events without registration displayed both Subscribe and Notify Me options
- Resolved issue where Locations filter would not display branches that did not also include affiliated spaces
- Fixed payment events not showing the number of open spots
- Resolved branding issue where you were unable to enter hex code in certain scenarios
- Repaired df=calendar switch issue where user was unable to navigate to list view
- Resolved issue where "View All Events" began from start of product use - no "View Calendar" put them to the current month.
- Resolved III authentication expiration date issue
Feature/Enhancement: Email verification workflow changes.
Highlights towards above are:
- The window verification will be extended to 72 hours.
- If a patron is registered with a non-verified email, the confirmation message will instruct them to look for the email. This will occur for both staff and patron side registrations.
- Non Verified emails will display as red when viewing the find patron page. Verified emails will display in green.
- Users with Edit Patron permissions, will have the ability to resend the verification email if the link has expired.
- Patrons would have the ability to request a new link via their email if the link has expired.
- A styled email that makes it more intuitive for the patron.
- For information towards the above changes, visit this article .
- Repaired issue with subscription emails not sending to patrons in certain instances.
- Patron Hold Check for expired cards issue resolved for the III (patron api) method.
- Repaired issue with the "enable multi-branch" setting on the back end.
- Resolved issue encountered when editing a recurring event resulted in the failure to properly create the additional instances for a recurring series.
- Resolved issue of "Join the Waiting List" button not respecting the action and placing the patron on the main list.
- Repaired issue with editing a single event and changing the event into a recurring series.
- Deployed a resolution to allow for public events to display in a private space on the calendar.
- SIP Authentication PIN not required displaying PIN field issue resolved. PIN field will now respect the setting.
- Using "ends by" was making the last event invalid in a series.
- Prompt to increase Max List placing patron on waiting list instead of main list is resolved.
- Combined Report issue resolved when using end date on registration filter.
- Events XML not handling text based event types or age groups has been resolved.
- Events XML displaying ongoing events by database id instead of chronologically is repaired.
- Event IDs were changing in an edit on a series. Now the event ids will remain the same when editing.
- Events XML private switch repaired.
- Events in spaces marked as private not respecting the private flag has been resolved.
- Issue with cursor populating in the Keyword when you select it is fixed.
- Search filters were not setting properly in the user's cache.
- Invalid event ids were creating errors in our error log. Now if a user tries to navigate to an invalid event url, we will display a message and direct them back to the calendar.
- Permissions Update! The security setup section has now moved. It is no longer in the SignUp section. It now appears in the Settings button under security. Admin users can still create custom security roles as well as find any existing roles they had in the Settings button. For more information on what permissions are now exposed visit this article.
- API bug resolved with the event list api.
10/15/2015 "15_12 & 15_13"
- Migrated data was causing the start registration field to be populated with 1/1/1980. The script is updated and the customer’s data has been resolved. The migration script has also been updated to handle future migrations with this issue.
- Users with copy event permissions were prevented from copying a published event.
- Per event authentication! Sites that are using authentication can now determine by event whether or not to require authentication.
- Subscription email services were updated.
- Staff side user names were case sensitive. They are no longer. The password field remains case sensitive.
- Added a setting to auto update records against the ILS records when using authentication. (The setting is enabled by default. If you would like your site to have this option disabled, please contact the support team here. )
- An issue arose from having too many combined rooms in the Spaces product. It was causing an issue with saving an edit on a recurring series.
- Middle Initials in SIP. When using the SIP authentication method there were certain instances where the middle initial field would cause problems.
- The merchant confirmation email was failing for e-commerce setup.
- Add to personal calendar. The patron side has a link on the event details page so a patron can add the event to their personal calendar. Such as outlook, ical, and google calendar.
- Fixed the setup/take down time changing on an event edit when there are registrants.
- SignUp now has tag integration. This feature will allow customers to tag their events to improve staff side categorization of an event as well as improve the patron searching. The tags may also be utilized via the XML feeds.
- SignUp API has been exposed. Customers can utilize the data that is returned from the API and create their own custom interfaces .
- Update to staff side calendar loading. It now looks at the location the user is assigned to and filters the staff side calendar accordingly. Super great for big systems!
- Update the error message when you are logged in and try to navigate to a page you don’t have permission to get to.
- E-Commerce Updated to allow for International support!
- XML Feeds were dropping events based on EST. Now…all the time zones are respected!
- URL Switch for et=all, lib=all, and ag=all now work as expected.
- Cross Origin Issues
- Recurring Series with ONLY additional dates- editing was causing conflict check to fail.
- SignUp/Spaces failure in conflict checking when a spaces reservation fell within the time frame of a series and one instance in SignUp was changed to that space in Spaces.
- Wandoo Reader Locations were confusing the single branch setting for signup. Confusion now resolved!
- Cosmetic : In-app logos changed to "Evanced, a DEMCO Company".
- Cosmetic : Paypal option is now hidden for libraries not using paypal.
- Cosmetic : CVV and Zip code verification are now hidden for libraries not using these options.
- Bug : Ip-related troubleshooting options added for Evanced Staff.
- Bug: Recurring Events "Days before" fix was added so both individual and shared attendance sheets work the same way. "Days before" affects individual occurrences. So if there's a series, either shared or individual, that has registration begin "1 day before" then patrons can register the day before the occurrence, even if the first occurrence has already passed.
- Bug : Conflict on cancelled Spaces reservations removed.
- Bug : When a single instance of a recurring event was cancelled, it was affecting the format of the additional dates.
- Bug : Aggregate calendar update issue resolved.
- Bug : Attendance figure now supports more than three digits.
- Bug : Email bug involving unsubscribed patrons and reminder emails is resolved.
- Bug : Error involving patron duplication with changed email/phone numbers is resolved.
- Feature : costs are now pulled over in migration from Events.
- Bug : XML ND switch bug is now resolved.
- Bug : XML caching issue resolved.
- Major New Feature: Events/Room Reserve Dual Migration Script is released. This allows libraries with both Old Core products to migrate to new core.
- Bug : Migration script conversion issue resovled
- Bug : Ecommerce message error resolved
- Cosmetic : Ecommerce text change
- Cosmetic : Payment Policy text and link added to e-commerce-enabled sites.
- Bug : Alternate hours date/time order bug was fixed.
- New Feature: Registration reminders for e-commerce-enabled sites enhanced.
- Bug : Stopped duplicate notifications
- Bug: Fixed recall previous registrant.
12/30/2014 "14_20", "14_21", "14_22", and "14_23"
- Cosmetic : Menu style change.
- New Feature : initial work to facilitate credit card payments by patrons. For more information, please refer to this article . Please note: this is an additional purchase module.
- Bug : Alternate hours with en-AU date format fixed
12/08/2014 "14_18" and "14_19"
- Cosmetic : Date picker update
- Cosmetic: For systems with multiple products, the last product menu choice will be remembered.
- Bug : Branding issue fixed.
- Bug : Problem with reports confusing location IDs fixed.
- MAJOR FEATURE ADDITION : We have updated the styles related to the Add/Edit Event pages. Please watch the following video to educate yourself and your staff on the new Add/Edit page.
- There are numerous cosmetic changes to the Add/Edit workflow.
- There is a new image uploader so that event-related images no longer have to be pre-hosted
- The event description wizywig now has limited font and color options. The wizywig is still HTML compatible, but this will provide better control for libraries concerned that staff have too many customization options.
- The "tag" feature has been added to the Event Details tab but is not currently functional. That feature is coming soon.
- Staff can now add their own custom registration questions when creating events.
- Data Setup pages have been exposed!
- Updated Support Icon better reflects how to get support from Evanced .
- In-house spots bug corrected.
- Deleted patron bug fixed.
- Required fields bug on patron side bug corrected.
- Alternate hours have been added. Evanced staff can now add alternate hours for your library. This feature will be available to admin users soon. For now, contact Evanced Support to set up alternate hours for locations or spaces.
- A style fix was added to the registration modal
- SignUp now respects deleted locations and spaces.
- A date picker bug was fixed. This caused the error log to read one week ahead.
- One Week view for Calendar. Sites can now display the calendar one week at a time. This can be accessed directly through a URL switch of df=week
- Report bug fixed. Reports had too low of a data threshold. It has been upped, and now you can run reports on larger chunks of time.
- Branch Filter bug fixed. It wasn’t resetting after hitting clear/search
- Recurring events bug fixes. The “end by date” function wasn’t working.
- Text not being received bug fixed.
- Aggregate calendar bug fixed. Related to displaying Hennepin.
- A new “maroon” color stylesheet was added.
- Back-end default XML settings were updated
- Invalid path to ie.css bug fixed
- Error log entries show time and date
08/05/2014 "14_12" and "14_13"
- Back-end change in the way errors were handled for certain queries. This is a security fix.
- IE 8 Patron Calendar load issues resolved.
- Sorting issue with reports fixed. Certain fields wouldn’t sort.
- "Lib=" URL Switch failed with multiple reports selected. This has been fixed.
- Recurring Event didn't pull in registration start/end dates. Now it does.
- "Back" is now hidden in Event Details if history is empty.
- Calendar list view branding error has been fixed.
- SignUp wasn't respecting deleted spaces flag
- Find Patron view showed event location instead of branch.
- Misspelling fixed on reports.
- HTML now passed through URL parameters for Events XML
- Sites can now force patrons to use the secure version of the page via a back-end switch.
- Large data customers were experiencing errors when their searches returned too large of a data set. Now we prompt them to narrow their search. When a reservation ID and event ID number bug conflict resolved.
- The iCal feed had a "\r" that is inserted between the Branch and Space name. This only appears in multi-branch sites.
- Today’s Activity now displays all-day events.
- Back-end changes allow easier Evanced access to set internal hours
- Editing Only or All In A Series Results in Server Error bug fixed
- Newsfeed and Audit Log Not Respecting Time Zone bug fixed.
- Customer specific migration bug fixed.
- System Alert banner style bug fixed.
- Back-end improvements to aid in site setup by Evanced.
- Patron-side Group Registration has been added.
- Patron Transfer to A Shared Registration Recurring Event bug fixed. Patrons were only showing on the one instance. Now they show on all shared attendance sheets.
- SignUp Permissions bug fix. All users created after id 5 were mirroring that permission set.
- Calendar Branding Example Typo is resolved.
- Google Analytics Tracking Code prep work. This is in preparation to add Google Analytics for customers.
- Add Clicktale Analytics Tracking Code prep work. This is in preparation to add more page metrics.
05/22/2014 "14_08 H"
05/8/2014 "14_07 G"
- Set up LDAP to be a variable URL in web config.
04/29/2014 "14_06 F"
- Branch Specific Permissions for Create From Template. If you have branch specific permissions to create an event from a template you can now use templates made for your branch and those that do not have a branch saved. (Not sure what customer reported this, but it was Alex who logged it in the portal)
- The "Patron Pricing Category
1. The window verification will be extended to 72 hours.
2. If a patron is registered with a non-verified email, the confirmation message will instruct them to look for the email. This will occur for both staff and patron side registrations.
3. Non Verified emails will display as red when viewing the find patron page. Verified emails will display in green.
4. Users with Edit Patron permissions, will have the ability to resend the verification email if the link has expired.
5. Patrons would have the ability to request a new link via their email if the link has expired.
6. A styled email that makes it more intuitive for the patron.